Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dwell On The Positive

Philippians 4:4-7 -  Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember that the Lord is coming soon.  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

Paul finishes this book of Philippians with a key concept in Christianity. Those of us that have accepted Christ become unselfish and consider others in all we do. He says that we should pray instead of worry…..thank God instead of complain…..and experience a peace that will put even the worst of worry warts to rest.

The key to controlling these admittingly hard to control character traits is found in verse 8 …. And now, brothers, as I close this letter, let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about.

I am resolved to follow my own advice…and try to see the past week of sinus and ear issues as a good thing. I had plenty of groceries…..my new insurance kept the cost of my doctor visit and meds very reasonable….I got plenty of rest….and even caught up on several old series of TV shows. When I grasp the positive…the negative doesn’t even make the list of things to cause concern.


Father…thank you for the rest…new doctor….insurance … money for groceries….and internet connection to fill the time while my body decided to shake off the infections from allergies. Thank you for the reminder that this positive outlook on my health is the first step to finding peace in all things I encounter. Forgive me for the times that I let worry and complaining hide from me the ability you give to see all things for the good. Help me to be more positive in all my thoughts.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment