Sunday, September 6, 2015

Trust God For His Unlimited Resources And Power

Ephesians 3:8-9 -   Just think! Though I did nothing to deserve it, and though I am the most useless Christian there is, yet I was the one chosen for this special joy of telling the Gentiles the Glad News of the endless treasures available to them in Christ;  and to explain to everyone that God is the Savior of the Gentiles too, just as he who made all things had secretly planned from the very beginning.

Paul was in jail...yet he continued to encourage others to share the great power and confidence the gospel could give them. He did not worry about how God was working through him from jail…and he did not worry about the timing of God’s plan.  He allowed himself to be used no matter where…no matter what circumstances he found himself in.

He was amazed by how God had even chosen him to be a vessel of service for Him. He voiced his deep amazement in verse 7…saying “God has given me the wonderful privilege of telling everyone about this plan of his; and he has given me his power and special ability to do it well.” Paul drew special power and contentment from this calling… it helped him to rest in God and not worry about his present circumstances. 

God has called each of us that chose to believe in him to special service.  Paul had already told them in Ephesians 2:10 ….“we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” Now Paul reminds them that God’s power and love reach farther than our finite minds can fathom. Verse 16 says… “ that out of his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you the mighty inner strengthening of his Holy Spirit.”

I love the way Paul describes an infinite space that reaches farther than we can imagine in depth…. In width… in height… or in breadth. I couldn’t say it any better than verses 18-19…. “and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God’s children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God himself.

I need a reminder of that power and love every day.  I also need a reminder that I have been called to special service. That reminder will carry me through the days when I feel unused…. undeserving… and powerless against the days problems.  Instead of worrying or letting my countenance drop in defeat… I need to raise my voice in praise and thankfulness…. Like Paul.


Father…thank you for the reminder that I was created for service to you. Forgive me for the times that I let life…or health….or worries defeat my spirit. Help me to learn how to tap into the great unlimited power and resources you have stored up for all believers… continually lifting up my thanks and praises to you…building strength instead of letting it fade.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment