Thursday, September 17, 2015

God Desires Bold...Persistent Prayer

Colossians 4:2-4  -  Don’t be weary in prayer; keep at it; watch for God’s answers, and remember to be thankful when they come.  Don’t forget to pray for us too, that God will give us many chances to preach the Good News of Christ for which I am here in jail.  Pray that I will be bold enough to tell it freely and fully and make it plain, as, of course, I should.

Paul ends his letter to the Colossians by reminding them of the power of the relationships in their life…treating each other the way Christ would treat us. He says that relationship includes persistent prayer. He says to keep at it…watch for answers…and make sure we thank God for them when they come. He says to pray for boldness in sharing Christ’s story with others…and for increased opportunities to do so.

I read countless prayer requests a day on Facebook…read a long list of church requests on Wednesday evening…and encounter even others as I go about my day.  I do take a moment to whisper up a prayer for each one as I read it….but I admit that the list dwindles to a smaller size when it comes to those I offer more than once.

I needed the reminder to be more energized in my prayers….and to follow through with more of the whispers to see how God showed off for the person I prayed for. I can even thank God in advance if I know that I might never hear the praise report…or the way God used the pain he allowed in someone else’s life to build His Kingdom. I definitely need to pray for more opportunities to share what God has done for me.


Father…thank you for the simple message that I need to energize and be more persistent in my prayers. Forgive me for the times that I have let one time whispers make me think that all will be covered. Help me to internalize Paul’s words….and be more persistent ….and watchful for your answers.  Help me to be even more thankful and bold in sharing your love with others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment