Friday, September 4, 2015

Understand How Incredibly Great God's Power Is

Ephesians 1:18-19 –  I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can see something of the future he has called you to share. I want you to realize that God has been made rich because we who are Christ’s have been given to him!  I pray that you will begin to understand how incredibly great his power is to help those who believe him. It is that same mighty power

Paul is under house arrest in Rome…but instead of languishing away or feeling sorry for himself he sees it as an opportunity to encourage and lift up others. He writes the strong church of Ephesus…calls down blessings from God and praises God for the blessings and grace all Christians received when God sent His son to complete the plan God made for all who believe to be saved.

I was reading on my deck this morning...totally distracted by the beautiful birds…having let myself be lulled into falling asleep without reading my one chapter last night. I slept late….and was in total catch up mode.  To be completely honest…I have been that way for at least a week. I may be better at masking my real feelings of loss and pain in public….but the anniversary of the day God gave me my second husband…and the memories of just how much I lost when God called him home….has weighed heavy on my heart when I am alone in my new home. On top of that…feelings of inadequacy surface constantly in just about every task I feel led to do here lately.

I missed it totally when I read it the first time. It was the commentary in my life application Bible that shed the light I needed to understand how very much God wants me to use His power to overcome the darkness that tries to mask the ability he has already given me to turn all those weaknesses into strengths he can use to do His work through me. I needed the reminder to stop letting the feelings of inadequacy that satan tries to emphasize dictate my actions. I need to learn to use God’s power to praise God in every situation…..letting His power wash away all that weakness…letting His power give me the strength I need to keep moving forward in His will.


Father…thank you for the reminder that all the power I will ever need is mine for the asking. Forgive me for the times that I have let feelings of inadequacy keep me immobile… and make choices that stop me from growing in faith and courage to keep searching for your plan to use me to tell others of your love. Place in me a desire to be flooded with your light…so I can use the glimpse of your vision for using me…. to fill me with the power I need to be who you created me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment