Monday, September 28, 2015

In What Ways Are You A Leader?

1 Timothy 3:16 -  It is quite true that the way to live a godly life is not an easy matter. But the answer lies in Christ, who came to earth as a man, was proved spotless and pure in his Spirit, was served by angels, was preached among the nations, was accepted by men everywhere, and was received up again to his glory in heaven.

Pauls’ directive to Timothy was to remind those that want to be leaders of the high standards they must strive for. Leaders must live Godly lives…which Paul admits is no easy task…unless you depend on Christ for the strength to be more than our human spirit is capable of.

I first thought that these verses had nothing to offer me...a retired teacher. I am definitely not a preacher…or a deacon…or the wife of either. But as a reflected on the daily things God has called me to...there is an element of leadership in all that I do each day. The devotionals he has called me to do reach further than I ever imagined.  The children that I work with…even as a sub…are a ministry in itself. Being a mom and grandmother is definitely an area where leadership is required.

I am called in each of these areas just as Timothy was….to be held to the high standards that God asks of each one that believes in him. It is no easy matter...especially if we try to go without the guidance of the Holy Spirit and do things our own way. It takes a conscious effort to stay connected to God through prayer….Bible study….and fellowship with other believers. It takes the highest form of self-discipline to turn your day over to God….and let Him lead you where he needs you to be. I needed the reminder that I am held to the same standards that Paul gave to Timothy for preachers…deacons…and the wives of each.


Father…thank you for the reminder that I am a leader to others in so many ways. Forgive me for the times that I try to lessen the importance of the roles you have placed me in.  Help me to hold myself to the highest of standards…so that any job you give me to do will be effective and totally controlled by the Spirit of God that you placed within me.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment