Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Make Sharing God's Love A Priority

1 Thessalonians 5:14-18 -  Dear brothers, warn those who are lazy, comfort those who are frightened, take tender care of those who are weak, and be patient with everyone.  See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else.  Always be joyful.  Always keep on praying.  No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Paul takes a moment at the end of this letter to sum up all his teachings.  Warn others of the dangers of being lazy…comfort those who hurt…care for the weak… be patient with everyone… always try to do good… and be thankful to God in all circumstances.  His words are clear and to the point…this is how we are all to live our lives.

If we can learn to let these traits be our driving force…we will begin to understand the depth of the great love God has for us by showing it to others.  God’s love is most powerful when it is shared with others. God’s love was always designed to be shared.

I will admit that the hardest of these traits to always do is the joyful in all things instruction. I try to keep a smile on my face…and I try to tell God I am thankful for everything good and bad…but my heart doesn’t always buy into my words all the time. I definitely needed the reminder to keep trying to be happy despite the circumstances God allows in my life.


Father…thank you for the reminder of how you expect me to live my life. Forgive me for the times that I fail to show your love to others.  Help me to stay so focused on you that these traits become habit…and sharing your love becomes priority like it did for Paul.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment