Monday, August 5, 2013

Be A Pillar Of God's Love


2 Chronicles 3:15-17 -  For the front of the Temple, Solomon made two pillars that were 27 feet tall, each topped by a capital extending upward another 7 1/2 feet.  He made a network of interwoven chains and used them to decorate the tops of the pillars. He also made one hundred decorative pomegranates and attached them to the chains.  Then he set up the two pillars at the entrance of the Temple, one to the south of the entrance and the other to the north. He named the one on the south Jakin, and the one on the north Boaz.

 

The day finally came when talk about building the temple actually became real.  The soil was broken…the foundation laid…the plans carried out with the finest cedar…gold and gems available. A blue and white linen curtain was hung to separate the inner Holy of Holies…and two huge pillars were set at the entrance ….so grand they were given names.

 

These two pillars were more than just decoration…they symbolized the establishment of a permanent relationship with God….they represented the complete strength that could only be found in Yahweh.  One was named Jachin…which meant established by God.  Solomon meant to place importance on the line of David….which God had promised to continue his love forever.  The other was named Boaz…which meant strength of God…giving importance to the line of Judah…which God had strengthened from the days of Abraham.

 

We are given a promise by God to become pillars ourselves….if we follow his commands and stand firm to the end.  John wrote in Revelation 3:12… “The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.”

 

I am reminded of the pillar of my family…my earthly father…who has modeled the love of God for me all my life. His quiet way…full of wisdom and love…has been rewarded with 90 years of life….today.  What an honor to be counted his child…and raised by his love. How blessed I am to have shared his love for so long.  I thank God for the blessing of such a great earthly father …who has loved and raised me in God’s love.

 

We are all to become pillars of faith…strength…and hope for each other.  We are to establish a permanent relationship with God…and learn to rely on his strength to provide for all our needs. We are to become the Jachin’s and the Boaz’s…and the Phil Simpson’s of the current world….and model for others the only way to survive the end of the world.  We must spread God’s message to everyone…so they all have a chance to know his great love.

 

I am beginning a new school year today…it marks number 32 that God has allowed me to work with children…and teach them…some small part of what they will need to be competent citizens when they grow up. I will need to God’s strength and wisdom as I begin this new year…so I will not become weary…so I will rely on my relationship with God to guide me.

 

Father…I thank you so much for the reminder that I am to be a pillar to others around me.  Help me to grow and mature in your strength and wisdom …so I can be a pillar for someone else that needs your love.  Thank you for an Earthly father that taught me about your love…and modeled for me how to give it away to others. Thank you for your only son that sacrificed his divinity to save me from my sins. Bless my Earthly father with even more years of life….and help me to become a pillar of strength and wisdom to the children you have placed in my hands for this year.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment