Friday, August 9, 2013

Rededicate Your Temple.....And Be Filled With His Presence


2 chronicles 7:1-5 -  When Solomon finished praying, fire flashed down from heaven and burned up the burnt offerings and sacrifices, and the glorious presence of the LORD filled the Temple. The priests could not even enter the Temple of the LORD because the glorious presence of the LORD filled it.  When all the people of Israel saw the fire coming down and the glorious presence of the LORD filling the Temple, they fell face down on the ground and worshiped and praised the LORD, saying, "He is so good! His faithful love endures forever!"  Then the king and all the people offered sacrifices to the LORD

 

God must have been pleased with the offerings…with the prayer…with the way Solomon let the task he had been given to do consume his whole being.  For when Solomon had finished his prayer…God’s glory began to manifest itself in the presence of the new Temple.  The cloud of God’s Spirit consumed the temple so fully …that the priests could not enter its doorways.  Then fire supernaturally consumed all the sacrifices that had been already laid out before God.

 

The people were so overwhelmed by God’s presence around them that they fell to the ground in awestruck wonder and amazement….and in a reverend fear…they worshiped …and praised him…and uttered over and over how good God was to love them so much.  The priests sang and played instruments …while the people took part in a 7 day marathon of praise….even adding new worshipers every day as they traveled from far away to offer their own sacrifices at the new temple. So many offerings were brought that Solomon had to dedicate a portion of the inner courtyard as altars…in order to sacrifice them all.

 

When the people found their legs again….it must have been one awe-inspiring revival to take part in. God’s tangible spirit lingering in the Temple for days …while all the people of Israel had a chance to tell him how much they loved him….while all the people offered their best sacrifice to atone for any sin. The nation was totally focused on God…and worshiped him in complete surrender and praise.

 

I am reminded once again that since Jesus died on the cross for my sins…and was raised to glory to sit beside his father…my body IS the temple that he lives in now.  I need to rededicate my temple to God…and experience the glory of his presence as he fills me daily with his presence….so I will have the power and strength to complete the task he has given me to do. I need to allow his supernatural fire to consume my heart and light a passion to praise him 24/7…so completely focused on the mission he planned for me from my birth….that I fall often to my knees in awe of his great love for me.

 

Father…thank you…thank you…thank you…for sending your son to pay all penalties for the sins I deserve to die for.  Help me to soak in the deep love you imparted to Jesus to be able to walk in obedience and humility …and give his life willingly to be the last blood sacrifice needed to atone for any sin committed. Help me today to wrap my brain around the complete love he had for me.  Help me to feel so thankful for what he did to save me that I rededicate my heart and life to his service…and become so completely consumed and driven by the love he gave me that it overflows …and spills into the lives of others around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment