Tuesday, April 15, 2014

God Loves His Creation


Psalm 144:1-4 -  Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.  He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.  O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.

 

David wrote this Psalm that rejoices in the care that God provides to us….in good times…or in bad. He reflects for one moment on the greatness of God…the rock….fortress…shield…and refuge for all problems.  Then he realizes just how amazing it is that this great God would ever have given one thought to care for him.

 

David must have forgotten for a moment that God created us….to care for and use the great creation of Earth. He made us in his image…and loved us from the moment he breathed life into Adam. He had a purpose in creating man and woman from the start…it was the free will he gave us that messed up his perfect plan.

 

John 3:16 says that he loved us so very much that he sent his son to die for us on a cross meant for those that sin. Our acceptance of his love is what makes the short life we are given meaningful and rich with the love he gives us to share with others.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to stop and thank you more often for loving me so very much.  Thank you for sending your son to pay for my many sins…and help me to use the short time you grant me on Earth to share that truth with all you let cross my path. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment