Sunday, April 6, 2014

Praise God....Just Because He Is Good


Psalm 135:1-4 - Praise the LORD. Praise the name of the LORD; praise him, you servants of the LORD, you who minister in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God.  Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.  For the LORD has chosen Jacob to be his own, Israel to be his treasured possession.

 

This anonymous writer reminds us to just take time to praise the Lord.  He tells us to praise his name…because he is good.  He tells us that all God’s servants should praise his name….and sing to him …for that is pleasant.

 

It is easy to praise God in the good times.  Our happiness just can’t be contained when he pours out his blessings on us. The smile on our face spreads to all those we cross paths with…and we just naturally give God the praise for all that he did to put us in such a wonderful frame of mind.

 

I admit it is harder to praise God when times are lean…and his blessings don’t seem immediately evident to our eyes. Our facial expressions of fear…and stress… and grief are just as evident to those around us.  They are watching that person who says they love Jesus more than anything else ….to see how we handle the bad as well as the good.

 

It’s a great reminder for me….to be careful while I am in a season of extreme blessings from my wonderful God.  He is showing off in ways I never dreamed…and I can’t help from shouting thank you over and over.  I know in my heart that even the bad times were training for what he has planned….and I never want to forget what he brought me through to be where I am today.

 

Father…I praise your name. I thank you for the good things that you have given me…and are still pouring into my life daily. I don’t deserve any of it. Thank you for reminding me that I have more than the material things I see in front of me to thank you for. Help me to never take for granted where it came from…and the high price your son Jesus paid to make a way for me to even approach your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment