Wednesday, April 9, 2014

God's Right Hand Saves Us...And Saves Us...And Saves Us


Psalm 138:3 and 7-8  -  In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.  The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.

 

David wrote this wonderful Psalm.  It begins with a cry of thanksgiving …thanking God for the strength and boldness to endure hardship until God perfected the plan he had for David.  It ends with a gentle plea to remember he was still in pain…even though God already knew it.

 

Thanksgiving to God should be a huge percent of our time….especially the answered prayers we have already received.  I admit that I sure am convicted in this moment that I do not lift my voice in thanks enough for all God has done for me. And I am thinking that I have even gotten some answers to prayer that I have ignored on purpose because I did not like his answer.

 

But what is really cool about God…is that he just keeps on loving me anyway.  He stretches out his hand and blesses me in spite of the things I have ignored or taken for granted. He keeps on welding that big plan he has for me….backing up to fix the messes I have made when I did not take time to listen to him the first time. He won’t be satisfied until I listen close enough for him to finish his masterpiece.

 

Father…thank you for the promise that you are never going to stop working on fixing the things that sin has corrupted in my heart.  Thank you for the reminder that I can help you focus my heart and soul even faster if I take the time to praise you and thank you more often for the many things you have done for  me. Thank you for the strength and boldness that has helped me move forward from my struggles in life. You do endure forever…and I look forward to the masterpiece you will create in me when you are finished.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment