Thursday, April 10, 2014

How Much Time Do You Spend With God?


Psalm 139:1-5 -  O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.  You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

 

David wrote this wonderful psalm that explains the omnipresence of God. David knew that God could see into the deepest part of his heart…and knew everything there was to know about him. He precedes and follows us everywhere we CHOOSE to go….even when those choices were not the ones God wanted us to make.

 

We can never get away from God. He is always near…so we always have a store of his strength to draw from.  God is so close….he hears the slightest whisper of his name.  He stands ready to help us at any time.

 

One statement jumped out at my heart from my Life Application Bible commentary.  It said, “God thinks of us…more than we think of him.” My heart did one of those flip flops that tells you that you just learned something really important …and I was immediately convicted because of the meager time I seek him out.

 

Father...thank you for the reminder that I need to spend more time with you.  Forgive me for ever thinking that my time with you is enough.  Help me to cling to the words of Paul in 1 Thessalonians 17 and pray without ceasing…for prayer is the one way to spend time with you. Help me to find extra times to worship who you are….and not feel I am limited by the three services I attend in corporate worship. Thank you for loving me more than I could ever love you…and helping me to strive to love others the same way you love me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment