Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wait...Expectantly


Psalm 130:1-5 -  Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;  O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.  If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?  But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.  I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

 

This is another anonymous Psalm that many believe to be authored by Hezekiah. He called out from the depth of his great despair for God to hear him…answer him…help him.  He knew if God answered prayers based on sin he had no chance of help…so he counted on God’s great mercy and grace to be his salvation.

 

Despair tricks us into thinking we are without hope.  Satan darkens the light of God that shines a path put of our despair. We think it is too far away to grasp…and we look for answers in earthly material things.  This writer let his despair lead him to confession…of all his sin….so God could wrap his mercy and grace around him and begin to lift his sadness.

 

Trouble is ….most of us have a real problem waiting on God’s timing like our writer.  He said he was willing not just to wait…but to wait expectantly on God.  He knew that if he placed all his hope in God…he would be rescued from whatever was causing his despair.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that my hope is in you and you alone. Help me to wait on you when things are unclear.  Shine your light so bright on the path you need me to take that even satan cannot darken it from my sight. Help me to grasp the meaning of ‘expectantly’…and really trust that what you have planned for me is gonna be the best yet.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment