Friday, April 18, 2014

Use Everything You Have For His Purposes


Psalm 147:7-11 - Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.  He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.  He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call.  His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man;  the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

 

This anonymous writer reminds us to praise God…to make music to him …thanking him for the wonderful world he orchestrated around us to live in.  God takes great pleasure in providing everything we need…and everything his other creations need to survive and prosper. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around the complexity of this wonderful world he allows me to live each day.

 

We are also reminded that God does not take pleasure in those that see their survival is somehow brought about by their own doing.   His greatest pleasure comes when respect him …..love him…revere him enough to realize that he is in charge…and everything we have is because he gave it to us to use for his glory. His smile is broad and his heart overflows with satisfaction when we get this deep truth …and we fall to our knees in thanks… realizing that he is everything…and we are nothing.

 

I admit that did not always understand this…it took a few hard lessons in life for God to get through to  my thick…selfish skull.  And I will also admit that I sometimes get so caught up in the great things he blesses me with that I need a reminder like this often…to ground me…to remind me what he has already taught me. The biggest truth that God keeps showing me is that no skill he gave me is worth anything …if it is not used for his purposes.  And what skill I do finally realize he gave me…must constantly be refined and perfected by his love and grace.

 

Father…my simple thank you seems so weak an offering for all you have done for me in the last 55 years.  I am so humbled that you accept my simple thank you…and keep shining grace upon mercy into my sinful soul.  I needed the reminder that everything I have been through has begun to help me realize just how much more I need to love you….and I thank you with my heart…and my soul…for loving me and chasing me …even when I take another detour form your plan. Keep chasing…and teaching me how to refine my love for you …so it shows to everyone around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment