Thursday, April 17, 2014

Praise The Lord....And Put Your Trust In God!


Psalm 146:1-6 -  Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.  I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.  Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-- the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

 

This anonymous psalm tells us three important things that will help us be more content than we have ever dreamed we could be. We need to praise God with all our soul…as much as possible till we take our last breath. We need to be careful how much of our confidence we put in any man.  We need to trust God alone to be our help…and put all our hope in his plan for our lives.

 

I admit that this is not always the easiest…OR…the most popular thing to do…especially when life is full and blessings are abundant.  I admit that I have been distracted by the fullness of life…and forgotten to praise God for a time. I have also been guilty of placing my trust in someone here on Earth…and experienced firsthand the truth the psalmist speaks of here.

 

I admit too…that when I look back on the times that I was most content in life…it was a period when I was trying hard to love God as much as I could.  I was trying to trust in the promise he gave me in Jeremiah 29:11-13… “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” It is the best reminder I know that all God has allowed is for my good…and if I praise him for everything…with all my heart…he will always be there when I need him.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to praise you more often. I need to seek you first above any friend….and trust that you have a plan that will prosper me and give me hope for every future day you will allow me to live. Forgive me for all the times that I have thought about myself…or been too wrapped up in this materially oriented world to give you the time and love that I should.  Help me to spend more time with you than ever before…so you can prepare me for the future. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment