Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Let Wisdom Enter Your Heart


Proverbs 2:9-12 -  Then you will understand what is right and just and fair--every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.  Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse…..

 

Solomon reminds us in these verses that wisdom helps us understand which choices we need to make to please God.   Choosing the ‘good path’….as Solomon calls it helps us to see the truth…so it can become a part of our heart…not just be knowledge in the head. 

 

Solomon says that making the right choices brings a permanent joy to our heart…that pleasant feeling that we have when we have finished  a job…and stop to think about the fact that we did it well. He tells us that this joy powers our heart to make more good choices as we grow in the knowledge of what is right and wrong.

 

Wisdom comes from a constant process of growth.  We develop…Trust…Honor…belief in the Bible….a sense of right and wrong.  It helps us know when we have strayed away from the truth…and convicts us when to repent…and learn from our mistakes.  Real wisdom is a gift from God…a reward for energetic Bible study and prayer.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to keep growing in your word…and actively search its words for the truth of every decision I make.  Forgive me for the times that I have fudged on my time with you…thinking that a quick read of one chapter will power all the decisions I need to make to stay in the path you need me to be on.  Show me how to increase my time with you when I need to make any choice…and search your word for the answers I need to make the right one.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment