Monday, April 28, 2014

Pray For Confidence....And Stay Focused On God's Purpose


Proverbs 7:6-9 -   At the window of my house I looked out through the lattice.  I saw among the simple, I noticed among the young men, a youth who lacked judgment.  He was going down the street near her corner, walking along in the direction of her house at twilight, as the day was fading, as the dark of night set in.

 

Solomon continues his wise advice by reminding us that being too simple-minded allows our heart to be tempted.   He tells the story of a young lad who walks too near the corner of an adulteress….eventually swayed to fall to her seductive nature.

 

The simple person he speaks of here is really anyone who lacks judgment…..the one who has no purpose…and just wanders day to day. When approached with any immoral situation …the pretty speech of another…the tiredness of our spirit….wears away the good we are trying to cling to.  We fall so quickly to the temptations…never even stopping to ask God to help us see through the trick satan has placed before us.

 

I admit….I find myself searching for purpose more than I am confident of what I am here to do.  I know in my heart in revolves around telling others about God.  And I know that he will use all of the mess ups and tragedies he has walked me through to help others in some way. I needed this reminder today to stay focused on  him…and keep searching for what he needs me to do…so satan can’t trick me into straying from the path God has set for me with something else.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are up there guiding  me ….even when I don’t ask you too.  Forgive me for wondering where you are sometimes….and help me focus completely on your voice so I can hear you about the temptress in this story of Solomon.  Take my simple mind …and build in it the common sense and judgment I need to listen to only you….and run quickly from anything that tries to take me away from your purpose for putting me here.  Give me the confidence I need to trust in only you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment