Saturday, July 18, 2015

Experience Real Peace And Joy More Often


Romans 5: 1-2 - So now, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith in his promises, we can have real peace with him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.  For because of our faith, he has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to actually becoming all that God has had in mind for us to be.

 

Paul speaks here of a very precious commodity. He speaks to the Christians at Rome about how a deep  inner peace comes with a relationship with Christ.  It is his power within our hearts that gives us the ability to experience real contentment and joy…as we strive to stay within His will each moment that He allows us life.

 

Problems become ways for God to develop patience …patience develops strength of character….and that builds a trust in God that brings a deep contentment and joy no matter what we are facing. We feel His love so real and tangible inside us that nothing is able to shake the feeling of complete trust and confidence He has given us.

 

I admit that I am not completely controlled by this perfect peace yet.   God is still teaching me patience and building character. My darkest times….the times when I still struggle the most are when I can’t readily see how God is using me. It is so much easier to thank Him for a particular struggle when I am allowed a glimpse of how He is using the struggle He has helped me through to help others.

 

I am getting better at waiting for these glimpses.  I am learning that sometimes it is just a matter of  paying close enough attention to God that I see more of the glimpses He sends to power that peace inside me. We all struggle with what my Life Application Bible called the two sided reality of the Christian life. We are complete in Christ…always able to slip into His presence any time we choose…but to grow in strength and faith we must go through the struggles before us…experience the pressure of sin just as Jesus was tempted in the Wilderness.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are my source of perfect…unsurpassable peace and joy.  Forgive me for the times that I allow the darkness to overwhelm my heart…and wonder if you are using me.  Help me to pay better attention to the things that happen around me …so that I will see the numerous chances to be used of you that I might miss each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment