Monday, July 6, 2015

God Has A Plan


Acts 19:8-12 - And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.  But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.  And this continued by the space of two years;  so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.  And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.  

 

Paul had moved on to yet another town…speaking boldly in the synagogue and winning many to Christ. He spoke here in Ephesus for 3 months…until a group of Jews… disbelievers…began to mock Jesus and speak harm to his cause. Paul did not let it frustrate or confuse him…he just found another place to preach and teach. He moved to a lecture hall that was only used in the cool of the mornings…he could preach and teach there all afternoon and evening.

 

Paul was so passionate and full of God’s purpose that God bestowed on him great power to heal…and to cast out demons.  Even pieces of clothing he had worn had great power to work God’s miracles. For 2 years he met daily there in the lecture hall at Tyrannus…letting God’s great power and love transform people’s lives.

 

It is a great reminder that God has a plan…and what I see as sometimes bad can be used to promote God’s agenda even more than before.  It only takes a spark….to get a fire going that can pass God’s love on to others. I used to sing those words in a song when I was a youth…but never really understood the vast application it has in all situations. God used Paul till all that would believe from his powerful sermons had learned all they needed…then he moved him somewhere else. Sometimes it was across country lines…sometimes it was just across town.

 

It is just one more confirmation for me that I am smack in the middle of God’s will.  He has a plan to use me where he blessed me with a new home and a great deal more time with family.  So far retirement has been great…I will trust that when God reveals the next part of his plan for my moving here that it will be even better.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that all things are in your control…and they will work for your glory and good if I do not give up in the task that you have assigned me.  Forgive me for the times that I doubt…and complain.  Help me to be like Paul…and see each unfolding of the day as a new opportunity to share and teach about you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment