Thursday, February 25, 2016

Consecrate Yourself...Every Day

Exodus 29:19-20 -  “You shall also take the other ram, and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands on the head of the ram. Then you shall kill the ram, and take some of its blood and put it on the tip of the right ear of Aaron and on the tip of the right ear of his sons, on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot, and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar.

The priests had to be consecrated to God with a detailed 7 day ceremony of sacrifices and rituals.  From placing their hands on the sacrifice to symbolize the transference of their own sins to the animal…to letting some of the blood touch their right ear…thumb and big toe….each part had great meaning and was symbolic to their new covenants with God.

As usual with these long chapters detailing sacrifices that were done away with when Christ made the last blood sacrifice needed…no real thoughts of application came to my mind….so I started reading some commentaries. David Guzik’s word’s about the blood God required on their ear…toe and thumb brought conviction to my heart.  He said… “These consecrated priests were stained with the blood of sacrifice. They should hear differently because the blood was on their ear. They should work differently because the blood was on their thumb. They should walk differently because the blood was on their toe.”

I love this application of God’s words to Moses. Since God washed us completely with his blood when we are saved…the same transformation should be happening in our lives.  We should hear…work…and walk with God daily.  And lets add some vital body parts to the mix…like our eyes…mind….and our hearts. God wants it all.  As Romans 12:2 says…. “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

I needed the reminder to daily consecrate myself to whatever God has in store for me this day. I need to renew my mind every morning to listen…see….hear….walk toward…feel…and touch God’s will for the day ahead. Until I get all these parts of my flesh focused on God…I will not see his prefect will for my life.


Father...thank you for the reminder that I need to consecrate myself daily to you.  Thank you for washing me clean with your precious son’s blood.  Forgive me for the times that I let my flesh keep me from renewing my mind and heart each day to align completely with your plan for me.  Help me to focus so completely on you that I begin to see your perfect will for my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment