Saturday, February 6, 2016

Grace Calls Us To Be Ready To Move In Faith

Exodus 12:11 -  And thus you shall eat it: with a belt on your waist, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. So you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord’s Passover.

God had given Moses the instructions to the people for the very first Passover feast. It was a way for the people to show their faith in God’s promise to bring them out of bondage…and worship him for keeping his promises. They were to worship and celebrate in haste….eating bread that was prepared without leaven…wearing the very clothes they needed to travel out of Egypt in. 

Grace had brought them to this point…and their faith would see them through to the morning light that would finally bring an end to their captivity in Egypt. The grace of God gave them the chance to follow in faith…so that God could begin the mission he had sent Moses to do for him.  Only by their faith and action of what Moses told them God said to do would allow the angel of death to pass by their home.

I love the visual of eating with their belt…sandals…and staff in hand…ready to leave… ready to follow God out of a season of life that had worn them down physically and spiritually.  It was a new beginning for them…of a new season…that had the promise of freedom … growth… and success.

It is a reminder to me that we always need to be prepared to go and do what God has called us to do. We just don’t know how much time is left before he returns to complete his final promise to his people. We can’t rest in the knowledge that we are safe and ready to go. We are to be spreading his gospel to others so that the maximum number of people can share in the glory of that final time.


Father…thank you for the reminder to always have my belt….sandals…and staff in hand…ready to leave for my next assignment at a moments notice.  Forgive me for the times that I take my salvation for granted and rest too much in the knowledge that I am safe from any judgement.  Help me to identify the sin in my life daily …so that you can use me to help others know who you are.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment