Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wear Your Armor...For God's Glory And Beauty

Exodus 28:1-2 - “Now take Aaron your brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister to Me as priest, Aaron and Aaron’s sons: Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. And you shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and for beauty.

God turned his attention from the details of his Tabernacle to the garments of those that would minister in it. Aaron and his sons were chosen as the first priests…to be dressed in the most beautiful and glorious robes that had ever been created. God even anointed certain people of the Children of Israel to make these beautiful outfits.

It seems at first that a description of something God no longer requires from his people to be obsolete and unneeded. But I do not believe that anything God allowed to be recorded in his Bible to be wasted words. Since we are our own priests now….perhaps the message is to try an understand how we can consecrate and sanctify ourselves when we come into his presence.

Paul says it best in Ephesians 6:10-18. It says… “ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;  praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.

I needed the reminder to make sure I am completely clothed in God’s armor at all times.  I might wear some of the armor for certain tasks…but I sure can’t say that I have worn all of it together at the same time. if I am to be as effective as I can for Christ…I need to find way to wear all of the armor all of the time.


Father…thank you for the reminder that your armor can give me the strength and courage to do all that you ask me to do.  Forgive me for the times that I dress to quickly for battle ….leaving off some of the armor you have given to strengthen me.  Help me to learn how to wear it all the time…so I am always ready for any task you ask me to do.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment