Friday, February 5, 2016

Plant Seeds Of Favor

Exodus 11:2-3- Speak now in the hearing of the people, and let every man ask from his neighbor and every woman from her neighbor, articles of silver and articles of gold.”  And the Lord gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants and in the sight of the people.

Moses had spent about a month…according to most commentaries…pleading to Pharaoh for the release of the Hebrews. Each of the first 9 plagues had given the people of God quite the reputation in the eyes of the Egyptians.  Pharaoh wasn’t quite ready to give up…but the Egyptian people were ready…even to the point of showering them with gold and silver things from their own collections.

The Hebrews were beginning to get the method to what they thought at first was wasted time.  Each time God allowed and stopped a new plague…many more Egyptians believed in the power of God. They willingly and cheerfully gave these articles of gold and silver to any Hebrew that asked.

I understand completely how you can find the favor of God’s people within the saved community.  I have experienced that all my life.  From the blessing of the parents God chose for me…the family of sisters that he allowed me to share with the world…the many friends and people I don’t even know that encourage my writing of this blog each day.  I feel the favor of God from many Christians around the world each day.

But these Hebrews were experiencing the Favor of non-Christians.  Quite the oddity given the fact that the God of the people they were favoring…had caused such harsh conditions for them in the last month. I bet some of them were ready to convert to Judaism and leave with them.

It is a reminder to me that even in this world of atheists and agnostics and other beliefs…God can show just enough signs and wonders to change their minds too. We should never think that just because they profess something other than the truth that they are bound to be that way forever. Our prayer should be that God place in their pathway just enough of his love and light to show them the truth.


Father…thank you for the reminder that there are those that need to see your love and light in a mighty way. Forgive me for the times that I take for granted that someone else will speak your truth to those that don’t know you.  Place in my heart a reminder to pray continually for those around me that haven’t placed their trust in you.  Show me how to be one that shows your mighty love and power …and plant seeds of favor in their heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment