Sunday, February 21, 2016

God Lives Right In Our Heart

Exodus 25:1-2 and 8-9 -  The Lord said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from everyone whose heart prompts them to give.
….“Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them.  Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

Part of the 40 days Moses spent with God was listening to the directions of how to make a portable Tabernacle.  God needed a place to dwell among them…accept their sacrifices… and visit with the high priest. This mountain where he came down would not be able to travel with them. It would be their worship place till the Messiah came and redefined worship and the church.

God still travels with us…he lives in the heart of every believer that calls on and believes in his son Jesus that died for their sin. He still asks us to give freely of our resources to help him do the work that Jesus started so long ago. He asks us of our money…our time…our talents…from every heart that is prompted to give.

I am so very thankful that God opened a way for me to carry him with me.  He gives us all the Holy Spirit …to go everywhere we go. I don’t have to worry about the exact dimensions of a building or having to carry around a mercy seat.  He lives right  in my heart….so I always know where to find him.

I am reminded of that great poem “Footprints In The Sand”…written by Mary Stevenson. In the hardest of times…we sometimes think that God has deserted us. But this poem reminds me that God never forsakes us…he carries us through the hardest tasks of life….then gently sets us back down when we are strong enough to walk again …with his help of course.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you live within the shell of life you created for me to use while I live on the Earth you created. Thank you for the call on my life and letting your son die for my many sins.  Forgive me for the times that I take for granted the covering and blessings you shower on me daily….and for not thanking you enough for the times you carried me through the hard stuff.  Prompt my heart to be so thankful that it praises you and gives even more of its time and resources to help you do your work.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment