Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Let Go...And Let God

Exodus 9:29-30 -  So Moses said to him, “As soon as I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands to the Lord; the thunder will cease, and there will be no more hail, that you may know that the earth is the Lord’s. But as for you and your servants, I know that you will not yet fear the Lord God.”

Pharaoh kept changing his mind and God kept sending Moses back to tell him to let his people go.  Each time there was a new consequence if Pharaoh refused. The 7th time God sent hail mixed with fire so bad that the early crops of flax and barley were destroyed. It broke Pharaoh just enough to admit that he was a sinner…he even seemed to have changed his mind and was going to let them go…but as soon as the sun came out his heart forgot all about the conviction it felt moments before.

There is a huge lesson on stubborn pride embedded in this story…but my spirit caught on the words of Moses.  Moses had begun to understand the pattern of God’s plan. He was okay with asking God to stop this plague…because he knew God was not through using the Egyptian people and this stubborn man to show his people just how far he would go to save and rescue them.

What a great reminder that when we let go of our own ideas and let God start using us to do his will a peace that gives us confidence to continue takes front seat in our heart.  Moses was not impatient and calling out to God for help any more…he was confidently waiting for his next instructions. His heart had begun to sync with God’s heart…he was beginning to understand God’s ways were better that his own.

I admit that I am still learning how to be more like Moses…and let go of all of my own ideas.  It is so very hard to tell the difference sometimes…especially if you have not spent the bulk of your time praying…. meditating… and searching for answers in his word. Letting go and letting God is not always easy…but it pays off in the end.


Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to constantly check my own ideas at the door to my heart…so that there is room for your will to begin to enter.  Forgive me for the times that I have stubbornly held on to things that you needed gone.  Help me learn how to let go and let you fill me up with a daily dose of your will…so I can create in my heart a confidence that makes me courageous and bold.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment