Monday, February 1, 2016

God's Power Overcomes ALL Things

Exodus 7:11-13 - But Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; so the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. For every man threw down his rod, and they became serpents. But Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.  And Pharaoh’s heart grew hard, and he did not heed them, as the Lord had said.

Moses had been given a great gift.  He could channel the power of God. God prepared a miraculous sign for him to show God’s power and he did them as he was told. The only problem was Pharaohs hard heart.  Pharaoh had tapped into the power of satan.  He could imitate many of the things God told Moses to do.

There was one difference in Pharaoh’s magician’s and Moses.  Moses power was stronger than satan’s. The rod of God swallowed up the serpents that satan powered with magic. God’s power is stronger than anything else.  Phillippians 4:13 doesn’t say we can do some things with God’s power that strengthens us…it says …ALL things.

It is a reminder to me that I give up way to quick sometimes.  I let satan trick me into an early defeat because I don’t call on God to help me persevere.  Moses is only at the beginning of this battle. He will call on God’s power 10 more times before this battle is ended….11 if you count the parting of the red sea in their final escape.


Father….thank you for the reminder to persevere by using your great power that is greater than anything or anyone else.  Forgive me for the times that I give up too easily because I fail to call on you to strengthen me so I can trust you in all things.  Help me to use my daily visits and talks with you to gain the power I need to overcome the challenges satan asks you to place before me as tests. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment