Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Does Your Light Burn Continually?

Exodus 27: -  “And you shall command the children of Israel that they bring you pure oil of pressed olives for the light, to cause the lamp to burn continually. In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel.

God had already given Moses the directions for a 7 stemmed lamp to sit on the table in front of the veil to the Holy of Holies. Now God reminds him that the oil for the lamp should come from the people…and that it should burn continually…as a statute to all the generations to come.

A huge difference was made when Jesus came and gave his life on that cross. The veil was torn from top to bottom in that Tabernacle…and he became the light that would replace the need to keep this menorah lit for any other generations. And as men accepted his gift…they became an extension of that light…passing on the spark of hope and love that Jesus gave them to others.

That’s still how it works today.  When we accept Christ into our heart…he places his love there to shine as a light to others.  It is to shine continually…so others can benefit from its light.  I admit that life in general fights constantly to blow it out or dim its light. But God’s power to keep it burning bright is many times stronger than satan’s power to dim it. I needed the reminder that I need to tend that light continually to keep it shining its brightest to others.


Father...thank you for the reminder that you placed your love inside me when you saved me so tht I may see the way to help others know you too. Forgive me for the times that I have let life keep me from tending to the wonderful light you placed inside me.  Help me to focus on how to keep it shining its brightest… so others will you when they look at me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment