Thursday, November 6, 2014

All Or Nothing


 

 

Ezekiel 20:38-39 - I will purge you of those who revolt and rebel against me. Although I will bring them out of the land where they are living, yet they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.  " 'As for you, O house of Israel, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Go and serve your idols, every one of you! But afterward you will surely listen to me and no longer profane my holy name with your gifts and idols.

 

God had Ezekiel recount the history of Israel’s rebellious heart to the elders that came to inquire of God. God was so angry that they had come to ask his help because they were also worshiping the gods of the people where they were living. 

 

These verses are a great example of the free choice that God gives us to believe or not believe. He knew from their behavior in the past that they would finally come to their senses and realize the damage they were doing to the nation trying to blend all those others gods into their culture.

 

It is also a vivid reminder that God wants all of our hearts or nothing.  He will never allow us to ride the fence and blend his commands with any other beliefs.  John recorded these words of God in Revelation 3:15 ….. “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!” It goes on to say how he would spit us out of his mouth for not making a choice to follow him.

 

I admit that I am lukewarm more than I am hot….and some days I even let myself become cold. I need to let God power me from within so my heart stays hot more of the time.  For it is when I am hot that his love pours out more easily to others…..and the cares of this crazy world are easier to bear.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you want all of my heart.  Forgive me for allowing the world around me to cool off my heart and let my passion for you become lukewarm.  Ignite a new fire in my soul this morning to stay connected to you…and keep the fire in my heart completely fueled. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment