Friday, November 14, 2014

Keep Faith Alive In Your Heart


 

 

Ezekiel 28:25-26 -  " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will show myself holy among them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob.  They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.' "

 

Ezekiel had given one more message to the ruler of Tyre to make sure he knew that he was not a god. God wanted him to know that his wisdom had been a gift from the one true God…and his abuse of this gift had led to the downfall of his city. God’s last words in this chapter were another reminder that the chosen people would one day be gathered together….to live in safety as the children of God.

 

The end of this chapter is a great reminder to me that as bad as the world is …and will become….God has a plan to save his children in the end. He allowed John to have a detailed vision…and even remember it to write it down in Revelation. Most of the details are cloaked with symbolism that keeps us from understanding the full picture….but one thing is sure in my heart.  God will allow Jesus to return to Earth someday…and set up an Earthly Kingdom. It will be a place of safety for all who have been faithful and earned the title ‘child of God.’

 

As hard as it is some days…my job is to keep the faith alive in my heart and never lose hope that God has a future of goodness and prosperity planned for me. I will be honest and tell you that I find myself struggling these days. I make 10 wrong choices for every 2 that are the right one… the ones that keeps me walking the perfect will God has planned for me. The one constant in my life that I know I get right is the reading of my Bible each night…and sitting each morning to write the insight he gives me each morning. Those prayers of honest repentance and requests for God to strengthen and help me to better keep me from falling and struggling more than I do.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I still have much work to do if I am to be called one of your faithful.  Forgive me for allowing the world to weaken my faith…forgive me for letting whatever dark force hold me in a stall pattern of struggle. Help me to use the time I spend with you to renew my passion to serve you and help you to win as many souls to your kingdom as possible.  Put feet and fire to my prayers of repentance and renewal each morning. Let not the prayers I type be empty and routine…just to place words on a page…but allow them to manifest and give me strength to overcome the darkness that tries to hold me down.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment