Monday, November 17, 2014

No Nation Is Immune To God's Control


Ezekiel 31:9-11-  I made it beautiful with abundant branches, the envy of all the trees of Eden in the garden of God.  " 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because it towered on high, lifting its top above the thick foliage, and because it was proud of its height,  I handed it over to the ruler of the nations, for him to deal with according to its wickedness. I cast it aside,

 

Ezekiel was given another word for Egypt. God had allowed it to become a strong nation…like a great tree with many branches. Many nations around it depended on it for many of the necessities of life.   But it had become proud…arrogant…and had not given God credit for the many strengths it had. So God was fixing to deliver it to another king….it would fall…and the many branches that were once its strength would be scattered.

 

There was a phrase written in the commentary of my Life Application Bible that struck a deep chord of truth in my soul.  It said that there was no permanence apart from God.  No matter how strong a nation…it will fall apart from God’s care and mercy. Its truth hit me hard….and I found myself thinking about the fact that the strong mighty USA that I call home… is not immune from this truth of God.

 

There is predicted a day in Revelation when all the nations will crumble…and God will establish a new kingdom.  Only those of us that remain faithful to his teachings and believe in God’s ultimate victory over evil will survive to call this place of permanent peace home forever. I am nor scholar of the prophecies of the end….and many of the facts surrounding the end of the world as we know it are confusing at best. But the questions I have about blending heaven and this new kingdom Earth won’t matter.  All that matters is that I keep the faith so I may be a part of it.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me this morning that you will provide permanence to my life if I keep my eyes and heart and soul focused completely on you. Help me always keep in my thoughts that this world you have placed me for a time is not my permanent home. Guard my heart from the pride and arrogance that would give me a false sense of security. Help me to build a relationship with you that will power my heart to keep faithful to you no matter what happens in the future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment