Friday, November 7, 2014

Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours God


 

 

Ezekiel 21:6-7 -  "Therefore groan, son of man! Groan before them with broken heart and bitter grief.  And when they ask you, 'Why are you groaning?' you shall say, 'Because of the news that is coming. Every heart will melt and every hand go limp; every spirit will become faint and every knee become as weak as water.' It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign LORD."

 

Ezekiel was given the hard task of telling the nation of Israel God was waiting no longer to judge it for its many sins. He told Ezekiel to groan and cry in plain view of the people and show the most broken heart he could. When anyone asked him why he was so broken…he was to tell them about the destruction that was coming. 

 

They would finally believe him…but the irony was that it would be too late. They would finally realize they had been wrong all this time…but all they would be able to do would be to fall to their knees in despair.

 

I will tell you that my mind and heart struggled to see the piece of this story that would help me last night.  I still sit at my computer this morning with little insight and wisdom to offer.  Perhaps I have become too complacent in my life …perhaps I don’t feel the urgency of what might be coming like God told Ezekiel to feel.

 

I know in my heart that God is coming soon…the signs and indicators God left in the Bible all are coming to pass. Perhaps I should feel greater sense of urgency to let others around me know….so it won’t be too late for them. Perhaps the reminder this day is to let go of a little more of my own self and care more about the needs of others.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that a day is coming when it will be too late to believe in you. Forgive me for spending so much time worrying about my own needs and wants.  Remove the pieces of selfishness that remain on my hearty and keep me from hearing the words you need me to hear…the ones that tell me how to spread the news about your coming. Help me to focus more on the needs of others…so they can experience your love and care before it is too late. Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment