Friday, November 21, 2014

Let God's Love Power You Through The Evil Around You


Ezekiel 35:13-15 - You boasted against me and spoke against me without restraint, and I heard it. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: While the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate.  Because you rejoiced when the inheritance of the house of Israel became desolate, that is how I will treat you. You will be desolate, O Mount Seir, you and all of Edom. Then they will know that I am the LORD.' "

 

God gave Ezekiel a word for the people of Edom. They had bragged too many times about hating God’s people…he was going to give them a dose of their own behavior. The mountains…the land…and all the people residing in it would be destroyed. The things they prided in the most…the objects they thought gave them strength would be destroyed.

 

It is one more reminder to me that evil is not a permanent fixture in God’s earth.  All those that gloat openly that Jehovah is not real…boast in other gods….or take advantage of anyone who has given their heart to God…will perish in the end.  The details are scattered throughout the book of revelation.

 

It gives me a sort of pride and confidence to know that my choice to worship God is right. It is a secret source of strength….and helps me to smile with love when I am faced with some evil personally. It must be the same way that Paul felt when he wrote 2 Corinthians 12:10…. “That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  How else could he muster the strength and positive emotions to sing hymns at midnight….while shackled in prison.

 

I admit that I needed the reminder this morning…for I do not always remember to smile and think of this great strength.  I allow my human flesh to gripe and complain way more than I remember to smile.  Oh how I need to remember how that will weaken me….and use the power of that love God placed inside of me instead.

 

 

Father…..thank you for the reminder to use your strength and power to overcome any evil I am confronted with in this world.  Forgive me for the times that I allow my flesh to win.  Help me to power my day with your love …and keep that smile in place…no matter what satan throws in my path as an obstacle.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment