Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pray For The Leaders Of The World


 

 

Ezekiel 22:6-9 - " 'See how each of the princes of Israel who are in you uses his power to shed blood.  In you they have treated father and mother with contempt; in you they have oppressed the alien and mistreated the fatherless and the widow.  You have despised my holy things and desecrated my Sabbaths.  In you are slanderous men bent on shedding blood; in you are those who eat at the mountain shrines and commit lewd acts.

 

Ezekiel was given a long list of sins that were found among the nation’s people. The list started with the leaders who had misused their power and continued through the entire population of Israelites who had committed many different acts that dishonored the God they promised to worship and love forever. Not one person was found as an example of love and righteousness.  Not one person could God find that had not sinned against him in some way.

 

There was a note in my Life Application Bible that concentrated my thoughts on the need to uplift everyone in prayer around me…especially those that God has allowed to be in leadership positions. I was immediately convicted of my lack of prayers for the great country I am privileged to live in. We are told in James 3 that those called to be leaders are judged more harshly.

 

America can only be as strong as the prayers of its people….and those prayers should start with me. Elections around the nation just decided the leaders of the next few years…I should be actively praying for each one…whether it was my personal choice or not. I should be asking God to bless them and give them wisdom and a heart that will seek to do God’s will in all the matters they must decide.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that my prayers should include a time of intercession for the leaders you have allowed to serve in so many positions around my town and state and country. Forgive me for being so complacent about the needs of these people you have allowed to have such power. Instill in me this morning a need to spend time in fervent prayer for the leaders in my world…that they would have a heart like yours…and always choose the ways that honor your commands.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment