Thursday, December 5, 2013

Don't be A Fool....Accept Jesus As Your Savior


Psalm 14:1-3 - The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.

 

These are indeed harsh words that came from David’s pen.  The days of trying to figure out why he had to hide from Saul…wondering over and over in his heart why Saul did not accept him as God had ordained him to be…and call off the craziness had him wondering just how many people were tricked into believing that something other than God could ever satisfy or sustain them. 

 

David probably did not know that Paul was going to use his words later to describe the general state of man in Romans 3: 9-12.  It says… “ What shall we conclude then? Are we any better ? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin.  As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;  there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.  All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

 

We have 2 choices…to stay fools….and just go on being corrupt…in whatever degree.  OR we can be wise and accept Jesus Christ as our Savior….and begin to draw from his love to learn how to transform our corrupt nature into good.  His love begins to teach us how to love…and make God’s agenda more important than our own.

 

I am reminded by this short chapter…that my decision to follow God…should show to others.  My choice to follow God should be evident in everything I do. The love that transformed my heart should fuel the actions that my hands and feet engage in on an everyday basis. It should be obvious to everyone that crosses my path what choice I made when I was 14.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me this morning that I need to distinguish myself from the fools who have chosen not to believe in you. I should model for them the love of Jesus that can change the world one person at a time. Help me to pray for more people to realize their sinful nature can only be washed clean with the blood of Jesus sacrificed on that cross so long ago. Show me what to do daily to lead more people to know you and your life changing love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment