Monday, December 9, 2013

Show Gratitude With Service To God


Psalm 18:1-3 and 32 -  I love you, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
 
Oh how we should all take time as David did to thank God and praise him for the victories we have in life. This Psalm…perhaps written later in his life when he had stopped to reflect on all the victories and goodness God had cast upon him…was a reflection of where all his strength to overcome the obstacles in his pathway had come from.
 
He remembered how God had taken his weakest moments in life…and used them to train his heart to love God more than anything else. He remembered the feeling of pure joy when God’s glory broke through all the gloom in his life and he saw God’s presence break through to provide joy and victory in his life.  He appreciated the strength that God had given him to get to this time of peace and prosperity in his life.
 
His words are a reminder to me to be grateful…no matter what. It is a reminder to me to pour out pure gratitude to God for all he has done so far in my life… and thank him in advance for all that he plans to do in the future.  For gratitude is not just giving thanks…but finds somehow return the love that you have been shown in kindness to others. True gratitude builds a servant attitude in our hearts that God can use to further his kingdom.
 
Father… thank you for the reminder to be thankful today…and to complete my gratitude by paying forward your love to others.  Thank you for all you have done to sustain me in my weakest times…and allow me to experience the joys that come from a relationship with you. Thank you for saving me from my worst enemy...myself…and teaching me that others are more important. Show me how to give of myself to others... and become the servant you have called me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment