Thursday, December 26, 2013

Let God Be The Judge


Psalm 34:1-3 -  I will bless the LORD at all times:  his praise shall continually be in my mouth.    My soul shall make her boast in the LORD:  the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.    O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. 

 

I am pretty sure that David did not write this amazing text on a Christmas day…but it is no accident that it just happened to be Christmas Eve when I read it.  God knew I would reread it on Christmas morning…and feel the truth of its words on one of the most special days of the year. 

 

This text sums up all that we should think is important on this Christmas morning.  We should stop and take a moment ….or longer to bless the Lord…and boast of all that he has done….even if all of it is not what we thought we wanted. If you read the rest of this chapter…it is full of God’s great promises if we reverence him…cry out to him…trust him….and fear him.

 

It is the day we picked to celebrate Jesus’s birthday…the greatest present ever given to the world. And even though most believe that the actual birth of this gift was sometime other than this day…it really doesn’t matter.  For me it is like the promise that he will return some day to take all of us who believe to Heaven one day.  We do not know the time…or the day….but we trust deep in our heart that it is always near. Christ …the promised Messiah was born….grew into a ministry…gave his life to save us all …and raised because of his innocence and pure heart to give us the greatest gift ever given to man.

 

Father…this Christmas day I stop to thank you for all you have done.  I boast of your love…and pray that you will help me really grasp what it means to bless your name…constantly…no matter what life throws at me.  I have tasted your great love…and it is indeed good.  It has sustained me and helped to weather some great storms in the last 4 years. I thank you for helping me to find a deeper relationship with you…and pray that you will draw me even closer in the days you grant me after this.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment