Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bless God With Your Inmost Being


Psalm 103:1-5 -  Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--  who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,  who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,  who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

 

David’ heart bubbled over with praise many times in his writings…his words of love and praise to God spilling out onto the paper.  They came from a heart that knew his human words could never give an adequate description of all that God had done…but that just made them that much more special.

 

This Psalm has always been one of my favorites…the words put to music by Andrae Crouch in the 70’s. The tune comes to my soul at different times of the day….in the morning …when I am particularly happy….or when God has blessed me with something I didn’t even know I needed. Sometimes…late at night…when I am praying….I let my own soul bubble over like David’s …and the words slip out in a quiet song of thanks to God.

 

I hope someday I can really mean all that I am singing…and truly praise him with my inmost being. For I know deep down my love for God can always get deeper. I believe with all of my heart that he loves me…and know that I would never have completed one hour on this earth if it were not for the great things he has done to save me...especially from myself.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I have so much to thank you for.  Help me to always deepen my love for you…and learn to bless you with my inmost being. Let the words I sing to you be real….and not just a melody that sounds good to my own ears.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment