Thursday, March 6, 2014

Created...Preserved....Governed


Psalm 104:1-5 -   Praise the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.  He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.  He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants.  He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

 

It’s hard for my heart to believe that this beautiful summary of the creation of the world was left anonymous.  Each thing that God created in the first chapter of genesis is mentioned as the Psalm unfolds to the end. God is given the qualities of a loving father…who has supreme….unlimited power over the universe.  He created….preserves…. and governs his creation.

 

God spoke the words that formed every crevice of our earth…his directions so complete and intricate that scientists have a hard time explaining how it all works.  He completed his creation with the life of the tiniest protozoa…and then breathed life into the highest of his creations...man.  All things working together to support and sustain each of the other elements. 

 

Man sure has messed up his natural plan over the millions of years that humans measure we have been allowed to live here. But even the greed….selfishness…and pompus attitudes of man have not destroyed what God created.  He alone knows the date that he has set to return and set back in motion the perfect world he intended to care for us all along…till sin entered the picture.

 

I for one am so thankful that he chose to let me live in this day…this season of his earth…after God decided the only way to save man was to send his precious son to die for my sins. I have the great opportunity to know him in a personal way…to enjoy his mountains and his rivers…to speak to him every morning as I wake…to be reminded that he is in control…and earth will not be moved until he gives the order.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I am always being cared for.  You created me as unique  as the first man and woman…and want to have a personal relationship with me. You want to meet with me every day and walk among your gardens and talk. Thank you for providing for me…even though I mess up so many times like Adam and Eve.  Thank you for giving your son as a sacrifice for my sins. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment