Sunday, March 23, 2014

God Is Watching...All Day And Night


Psalms 121:1-4 - I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;  indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

 

Another anonymous writer…some  believe to be Hezekiah…wanted to remind the people to look to the God that made the mountains. If they looked up to God…he would watch over them and help them.  If they always lifted their eyes upward he would not let their feet slip when it was hard.

 

It’s like that adult that helps a new toddler take his or her first steps.  They hold their hand until the child gains confidence and balance.  They stand beside them and watch over them and shout with proud glee as they let go for the first time and take those steps that will begin their independence. But then God hovers over us…like we did our own children….just in case they fell.  He gently picks us up…dusts off the debris from our mistake…and sets us back on the right path. 

 

It gives me great confidence to know that God is watching over me day and night. He holds my hand when I need that extra support…and lets go to watch me walk the path he has planned for me when I am ready. I will never outgrow my need to have God help me…and will always be thankful that he is nearby waiting any time I call.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I can call on you day or night to help me.  Forgive me for the times that I forget you are there…and try to handle it on my own…or worse yet put off handling it at all. Give me a new courage and confidence to know that my mentor is always a prayer away….and use it to call on you more frequently for your strength and help.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment