Sunday, March 2, 2014

Break Your Routine...Be Thankful...Really Thankful


Psalm100:1-5 -  Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.  Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations

 

That’s the whole psalm written by another anonymous writer.  He tells us to sing with a glad heart...and praise God for his love that endures forever. He tells us to enter into the building where we worship God…and give thanks for all he has one for us. His short but powerful message packs a two punch reminder for me.

 

I admit that I do not always keep a thankful heart.  I know that I spend way more time complaining and asking God why that just accepting and thanking him for all he has done.  I need to be a better sheep and follow God’s voice more closely…so I can understand his ways better.

 

I also admit that my worship of him becomes routine.  Get up on Sunday….ladies Bible class …choir …sermon…repeat that afternoon at 4.  I can’t remember the last time I walked into the sanctuary thanking God for allowing me to live in a country where I could worship him any time I wanted…especially with my friends and fellow Christians at church. Maybe I should add to the thanks I give him today…. a request to fill me with a presence of him that will chase off the routine worship I have become accustomed to …and draw me even closer to him .

 

Father…thank you for the reminder…to be more thankful.  Help me to spend more of my time thanking you for all you have done…and asking you to help me be a better sheep…that knows your voice…and follows you wherever you need me to go.  Help me to thank you as I enter my precious place of corporate worship this morning….and really stop to drink in your presence.  Let my worship of you today be something truly special…that will power me and give me strength to do my best through the week. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment