Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One Reason To share God's Love


Psalm 110:1-4 -  The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."  The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion; you will rule in the midst of your enemies.  Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy majesty, from the womb of the dawn you will receive the dew of your youth.  The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind: "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."

 

David wrote this Psalm that strengthens the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14. It must have been right on the mark…because Jesus quoted it himself in Matthew 22.  David knew there would be a Messiah…and he would save the people from their enemies…but he was thinking earthly king…instead of humble servant.

 

We are privileged to know that the Messiah came…he was born of a virgin…raised to be a humble servant…even to obeying the father in heaven and becoming the sacrifice for all man to have a way to heaven. He is in heaven as I write…preparing a place for each one of us that believe.

 

David probably had no clue that his Psalm really discussed the final days…when the Messiah would return to earth and complete the final judgment of those who choose not to believe. Revelation discusses the details of this earthly reign…when Christ returns to claim his children.

 

My heart tells me that we are close to those final days…and it is even more important to share the great truth of God with all we can.  It will be horrible for those that have rejected him…and I just couldn’t sleep at night if I were not trying to help God spread the word.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that I need to be about the father’s business of spreading his good news about salvation to others.  Help me to listen closely to the opportunities you give me to share what you have done for me. Make me a bold….courageous servant like David…and Noah…and Jesus….so I can help you save as many as can be saved before it is too late.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment