Monday, March 17, 2014

Give God The Glory And Praise


Psalm 115:1-4 - Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.  Why do the nations say, "Where is their God?"  Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.  But their idols are silver and gold, made by the hands of men.

 

One more anonymous writer reminds us to praise the Lord.  He tells us to do all that we do for the glory of God…not for the praise we might receive as mere men.  He wanted all the nations that were taunting Israel to see the full glory of God.

 

It is a basic need of man to feel self-worth.  Those pats on the back and statements of praise when we do something good feed our need to be loved and needed. It is easy sometimes to get caught up in the process of praise…and forget to honor God in the midst of it.

 

I am guilty…and admit that I forget to give all the praise to God when a complement comes my way.  I am glad that God reminded me today to be more careful to give him the honor the next time someone pats me on the back.

 

Father….thank you for reminding me that everything I do well is because of you.  Help me to be more careful to give you honor and praise when I get it right… because of your help. Forgive me for the times that I have wasted an opportunity to praise you…and let pride and ego get in the way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment