Saturday, March 29, 2014

Keep God At The Center....Of Everything You Do


Psalm 127:1-2 -  Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.  In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-- for he grants sleep to those he loves.

 

Solomon wrote this short but powerful psalm.  His wisdom reminds us that God has to be in the center of everything we do….or it is all a useless….senseless…no good waste of our time. It’s really his time anyway.  From the moment we wake to work for him…to the time he planned for us to rest up for the next day….it should be spent with his plan in mind.

 

He tells us more about his great plan in Ecclesiastes 3. It simply tells us that there is a time for everything….under heaven. We are to work when it is time to work…spend time with our family and friends when it is time to teach and nurture and build relationships…. and Worship and pray and study God’s great word to know when and where to do the rest of the things in-between.

 

It confirms that I need to guard against ever becoming the work-a-holic I was when I was younger….and spend the most of my time studying and praying and building relationships that can show everyone around me that God is the only answer to any problem they will ever have.  It confirms that my early bedtime….most nights….is part of God’s plan.  He needs us to rest when we are provided with the time…our bodies were designed to recharge once a day to be at their best.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder to keep you at the center of everything I do…so that you can reveal the perfect timing for me to do all that you need me to do. Thank you for the beautiful spring promise of new life this morning…rain watering the earth so that it can burst forth with the beauty only you could have given this world. Thank you for the bonus of a week to rest and play and clean and create new crafts…..Spring Break is one of the most favorite things I love about the job you gave me to do each day. Help me Lord to keep you at the center of this precious week of time you provided…and listen closely for anything you need me to do to advance your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment