Sunday, March 30, 2014

Strong Families Start With God


Psalm 128:1-4 - Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways.  You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.

 

This anonymous writer tells us the secret to a healthy family.  He says to fear the lord and walk in in ways.  His words were so revered by the Israelites that his psalm was sung at weddings…as a blessing for the new couple starting out.

 

All relationships that are centered on God will be healthy.  Even when they are tested…their love of God and prayers will keep them moving in the right direction. Values such as love… service …honesty…integrity…prayer…bible study….they build a strong faith that naturally produces a loving…healthy family.

 

I am guilty once again this morning…of teaching my family how to give up and run away from their problems.  The divorce I allowed in my first marriage was nothing that God had ordained…but all about how my selfishness could solve my problem the fastest. I am still trying to repair the damage my choices made…and convince them that facing your problems with prayer and the word God gives us a much better outcome than the quick selfish path we think will solve our problem.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I reap what I sow.  Forgive me for the bad choices I have made with the children you blessed me with…and thank you for beginning to repair the damage I did by being selfish.  Help me to model for them the things you are teaching me now…to love above all else…to serve others more that you serve yourself…to pray for answers and wait for you to give them…and to study your word so I can share it with others.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment