Thursday, March 27, 2014

Let Your Trust Be In God


Psalm 125:1-2 -  Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.  As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore.

 

This anonymous Psalm is accredited to Hezekiah by some scholars.  But no matter who wrote it…it reminds us of one of God’s great promises….if we trust in God.  A deep faith and trust in God provides a constant strength.  He surrounds us like the mountains that surrounded Jerusalem….and provides protection and love as long as we remain in him.

 

My mind thought of the old western movies…where the settlers were being attacked by savage Indians.  They would drive their covered wagons in a protective circle…and fight from within the shelter they provided.  The circle surrounded them…and gave them a bit more confidence to not give up in such a hopeless situation.

 

We live in a time where new fads and fashions lure us constantly away from a full focus on God.  Gadgets and technology can be a good thing…if used in moderation…if used to help us strengthen our walk with God.  But if we let satan  trick us into placing our trust in these things…they replace our trust in God with a false trust in material things. 

 

If I place my trust in God…and let it surround me every day…he can help me want what he wants. He can help me use the great tools he allows our minds to invent to better the world…and lead more people to know about his great love. 

 

Father….thank you for reminding me that you are my strength…only if my trust remains fully in you.  Forgive me for the times I have let the world’s newest gadget trick me into thinking that I don’t need to trust you as much.  Help me to keep my mind completely surrounded by your love….by constant prayer…and study of the great Bible.  Help me to spend more time with you…and let go of the things that do not help me love you more deeply.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment