Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tell Of God's Love Forever


Psalm 116:1-4 - I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.  Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.  The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.  Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"

 

This anonymous writer loved God simply for hearing his heartfelt cry…his prayer for mercy and grace.  He was discouraged …near death….overcome by trouble and sorrow….but God came to his rescue and saved him.  He was so thankful he promised to love God forever.

 

The writer’s love of God grew as he turned his pain and anguish over to God. He admitted he had no power over his problems and he cried out to God to help. Then an amazing thing happened…God answered…and began to turn his pain into a deeper love and understanding of who God could be to him.

 

I understand this writer so well. I remember crying out to God in my own pain…and then climbing up in God’s lap till he made me strong enough to climb down and begin to live life again.  My pain and discouragement is beginning to grow into a deeper understanding of who God really is…and how he can guide me day by day.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are always there…bending your ears down close enough to Earth to hear even this unworthy child of 55.  Help me to love you forever…for I too could never find an adequate way to repay you for even one of the many prayers you have answered. Continue to make me stronger and braver every day…so I can become the servant you need me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment