Thursday, March 20, 2014

God Is Good ...All The Time. All The Time....God is Good.


Psalm 118:1-4 -  Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Let Israel say: "His love endures forever."  Let the house of Aaron say: "His love endures forever."  Let those who fear the LORD say: "His love endures forever."

 

This anonymous writer puts it in the most simple language.  God is Good. His love will be here forever.  If we believe and fear God...then we should thank him for his goodness…and tell others about the great love he has promised us.

 

One of my favorite things to do is join with the others in my church when the pastor says … God is good. We all quickly join together with the words….all the time.  Then the pastor will say ….all the time…and we will all say …..God is good.  It is a confirmation to me that God made every day…and good or bad I am to rejoice in it.

 

 

I admit…some days it is harder than others…but so far in this life of 55 years…I have always found the most comfort when I turn in thanks and praise to God.  He always finds a way to remind me that I have more than one reason to rejoice.  When I grow up…..I want to be like Paul and Silas….and be able to break out in song at midnight.  Even after they had been arrested….severely beaten…and chained to the wall of a prison….they praised God with loud hymns at midnight…and ended up leading the jailer and his whole family to the Lord.

 

Father...thank you for the reminder that should always thank you for your goodness and love that lasts forever.  Forgive me for the times that I have whined and complained…instead of remembering to come to you with a thankful heart in faith that you will show me the purpose of any bad situation...when you know I can understand it.  Help me to find ways to rejoice…even at midnight…and sing to you in praise for all you have done to save and care for me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment