Wednesday, March 26, 2014

God Makes A Way....Always


Psalm 124:1-3   and 7-8  - If the LORD had not been on our side-- let Israel say--  if the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive….

We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.  Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

 

David wrote this Psalm…perhaps after the battle with Goliath and the Philistine army. He was careful to give all praise to God for the victory he gave them.  As a youth…his confidence in God’s ability to save him and his people…despite the grim odds….was a model to the whole army. 

 

It is a reminder to me that there is always a way for God to save us.  He doesn’t ask us to walk through anything that he has not already given us the way to conquer it.  I Corinthians 10:13 says….  No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

 

God makes a way …even when there seems to our human eyes and reasoning that there is no hope….like in Genesis 22.  Abraham couldn’t see the angel walking next to him to stop the knife that would have killed his son…I am sure his heart was breaking as he tried to be obedient in the task God had given him to do that day. God even had a lamb waiting for them to sacrifice in praise for the powerful lesson they both must have learned that day.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are always on my side.  You are my constant help and save me despite my mess ups and sin.  Forgive me for the times I am not obedient to your will because I allow my human reasoning to win out over your soft voice…that calls me to do something I think I cannot do.  Help me to be more like the youthful David…and pick up the three stones you laid in my path…..the slingshot you taught me how to use when I was just a shepherd… and take the confidence of the Holy Spirit to the next task you call me to. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment