Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Admit....Analyze....Adjust


Proverbs 28:13-14 -  People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.  Blessed are those who have a tender conscience, but the stubborn are headed for serious trouble.

 

Tucked away in chapter 28 is a reminder that honesty is the best policy.  We must be honest with God…others… and ourselves if we are ever to become what God needs us to be in his kingdom.  Perhaps it is another one of the reasons we need to stay as childlike as possible…so we can  hold on to that tender conscience God gives us when we are born.

 

First we need to admit that we have made a mistake.  It is not a sign of weakness…but a sign of the strength we can have if we realize we are not perfect…..and let God use the mistakes of our past to shape us into what he can use to help others.

 

If we take each mistake we have admitted to God…and go the next step…and analyze what went wrong….then God can clear the way for us to make the adjustment we need in our lives to correct it.  He  clears our closet of all that guilt and shame so he can move the Holy spirit into our heart and power the transformation from mistake to message.

 

It’s a daily process for me….to admit my many mistakes….so God can help me move past the stress of guilt…into the peace of his love and forgiveness.  I can’t imagine living any other way.  It was way too hard to hold on to the horrible feeling I had built up inside my heart when I tried to hide what I done from others and myself…cause I knew God already knew.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder to admit evry mistake…and let you help me analyze how you could use it to help others after you forgave me. Thank you for the many adjustment you have helped me make…and the ones in the future you already know about.  Keep my heart cleaned out of guilt and shame…so the holy spirit has plenty of room to live and help me develop new faith and love for others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment