Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Plan In Partnership With God


Proverbs 16:1-3 -  The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.  All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the spirits.  Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established.

 

Solomon started this chapter of Proverbs with the truth that God has the final say in anything and everything that happens on this Earth. We can make all the preparations we want….plan for this and that….but if God is not included in our plans …it will all be wasted effort.

 

The best decisions are made in partnership with God…considering his will for our life.  We must mix what we know in our heart to be his plan…with the work needed to accomplish that end.  We must find a way to connect all the work we do with God.

 

The most well laid plans….saving for a vacation….savings for our children’s college…..or even the careful planning we do for retirement can be all for nothing if God was not a part of that plan from the beginning. He looks at our hearts…not our pocketbooks or savings account…or retirement 401k’s.

 

 

Verse two is a reminder to me that I have to get myself out of the way before God can help me understand his plan for my life.  It said …everything is pure in our own eyes…but God weighs the spirit. I run the risk of rationalizing just about anything I want…even to the point of pulling scripture out of context….if I fail to let God be in control of my spirit.

 

Father…thank  you for the reminder that I am my own worst enemy.  Forgive me for all the times that I have failed to see your plans for me….because I was in the way.  Help me to learn to use the spirit you placed inside me when you saved me to carefully include you in all that I do…especially the things I think I need to save for later in life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment